Are you a results-driven individual who finds that others typically gravitate towards your ideas and follow your lead? Are you excited by navigating new markets and cultures to grow opportunities? Are you passionate about building relationships and spreading your love of cycling? Are you willing and able to move around globally?
This Global Leadership Program (“GLP”) position will begin in Madrid within our Spain market. During this 2-3 year program you will rotate to at least one of our other global markets. GLP participants will get the development needed to grow their leadership skills through tailored experiences, dedicated mentorship and executive exposure.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Many, but not all, ways that you can make a difference (based on assignment)
- Drive success by achieving market development results and implementing strategies with your team
- In partnership with your executive sponsor and your global network of peers, help drive the development of an integrated retail marketplace
- Partner with cross-functional teams to finalize sales forecasts, revise pricing, establish and track annual budgets, develop advertising/promo campaigns and track results
- Develop brand awareness by contacting key accounts and prospects to establish relationships, and evangelize Specialized’s value
- Bring a global mindset and multicultural approach, fusing best practices in your home and new markets to drive success
- Report on progress and collaborate with leadership on how to build the business and cultivate strategic relationships
- Manage a team of sales professionals and provide leadership, training, and guidance and/or manage a specific sales program or initiative; responsibilities may include:
- Lead, inspire, and coach your team
- Identify and overcome competitive challenges and operational hurdles to drive business efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop strategies to optimize market development results
- Develop individualized account management approaches and communicate goals to measure success – revenue, merchandising, product penetration, etc.
- Travel regularly within assigned territories to stay informed of field conditions and competitors activities
- Oversee special initiatives/programs and delegate responsibilities accordingly
- Provide ongoing feedback, formal reviews and compensations recommendations
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence others to achieve business results
- Ability to thrive outside of your comfort zone, learn new cultures and build strong business networks with teammates, customers and communities
- Entrepreneurial spirit with positive energy and passion for our industry
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Oracle preferred; other enterprise tools and systems experience desired
- Managerial experience a plus with a strong desire to hone your leadership tool kit going forward
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or MBA is a plus
- Ability and desire to expatriate to one of our key global markets for a 2-3 year assignment
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS (For starting rotation in Madrid)
- Must have demonstrated cultural fluency; possessing a degree of leadership maturity, self-confidence and self-awareness to lead and develop teammates of diverse backgrounds
- Must have business proficiency in English; business proficiency of region specific language such as Spanish highly preferred
- Previous experience leading, developing and managing sales functions / teams in a global environment highly preferred; previous experience operating in Spain a plus
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing – every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.