Why build with traditional bricks and mortar when you can use something a little more unconventional? That’s the ethos behind one company in the Netherlands that uses cardboard to create their eco-friendly houses. Wikkelhouse, meaning “wrapped house” in Dutch, produces houses wrapped in layer upon layer of cardboard. Homes are priced from €25,000 ($26,473), excluding transportation and construction costs.
- From prison to paragon: These beautiful buildings were former jails
- How to build a stylish home for less than $30,000 (hint: use cardboard)
- A Peek at a New Superyacht With Its Own Private Beach
- Artificial intelligence and off-grid living: Top designers imagine the year 2066
- fitness vacations for the New Year